Tuesday, May 26, 2009

You Are Confused

One attribute of mine that it seems few others possess is my obliviousness to what I'm supposed to do. It seems that many aren't accustomed to giving the explanations that I require. I imagine that I'm either particularly obsessive about doing everything correctly or I lack common sense. I think both factors play a role. The hilarious part is that when I try to do something without a detailed explanation, I manage to do it completely differently from how it should be done. That's another point. Someone may think, "Just do this," but there are really many factors that determine why something should be a certain way. Being unacquainted with these factors, I find it easy to stumble into one of the many incorrect methods. On the other hand, it's implied that others don't run into the same problems that I do. So you can consider me an obsessive space cadet. I'm very on task for a space cadet, though; I'm just easily disoriented.

Today I opened a bank account. Cool, right, it's like my money is going on all sorts of crazy adventures instead of cushioning my sleep. So, I looked up the interest rate online and guess what? It blows. However, I then looked up the rate of inflation, and guess what? It's negative. So, while it turns out that I am actually making some money on interest, I'd be making about the same amount if the money stayed in my mattress. Also about dealing with the bank, see the above paragraph. So many dumb questions I asked. "Just write my name here?" "Yes" "Sign it?" "Yes."

I didn't do much this memorial day weekend, even though I had Sunday and Monday off. There were a couple of cook outs and that was all. Oh yes, my dad's fiance was there. It's a long distance relationship. Anyway, she stayed at my dad's house, which is where I was, and was annoying as hell. It's one thing to be annoying, but it's a very different thing to be annoying while living in the same house as I am. She was loud, in the way, and pestered me to the point of harassment as well as made my dad much louder and annoying. Did I mention that she did all of this where I live? It's fine to be like that at some sort of social event, but it's awful when I want to relax and think.

Hopefully there aren't any hitches in my plans to move out. My plan is to do so this July if everything works out. I have no long term goals. I may have mentioned it before, but I'd like to get Dungeon Quest going. I've put some thought into it during the last few days, but I haven't made any real progress in the design. I'd like to be able to make money doing something creative indepently, such as making games, so Dungeon Quest is important. I don't expect to make money off of it, but it's an important test and stepping stone. That doesn't mean if I don't finish it that all is lost, but I still think it's significant. If nothing creative pans out, I might try going back to school, joining the army, or working for the state government. I don't like the idea of going to school because it's so expensive. Joining the army isn't a bad idea because I can get training for a job and also make some money, but it's a pretty big commitment. Working for the state is a good choice if I want to still pursue the creative stuff, but I'll probably have difficulty getting a job. I could get an Associate degree or enter the military and have a good shot at working for the state, though I'd probably be looking at other jobs as well if I did that. My current job is OK, though. I'm starting to get the hang of it a bit and I expect to make enough money. It just isn't something that I would like to do forever. I have bigger ambitions. I don't have huge ambitions from a monetary standpoint, but I'd like to do something noteworthy. By noteworthy I don't mean of historical note, but something that I can really get behind and be excited about. If I'm doing something that makes me happy and I'm making enough money then I'm completely satisfied. I find it hard to understand people who put lots of emphasis on money. A few people that I work with have other full time jobs. WTF? How do people even enjoy the money if all they do is work? The same goes for the manager, who's also the owner. He is always busy. Although a lot of that busy time involves chatting with people on the phone, he still spends crazy hours doing it. I would assume that he must like his job a lot if he's willing to commit so much of his life to it. I don't think that I would enjoy managing a pizza place that much. Personally, I refuse to make my job my life. It's a lot like an MMO. MMOs are addictive, considering all the carrots and competition, but they're largely pointless and unfun. So I don't play MMOs (anymore).

No comments:

Post a Comment